Adam began practicing law in 2004, representing clients in a variety of civil litigation matters ranging from commercial litigation, copyright and trademark litigation, insurance litigation, oil and gas litigation, and personal injury defense. Since 2008, he has focused his practice primarily on representing all manner of professionals, including physicians, health care providers, and health care institutions in malpractice claims. He also represents physicians and nurses in grievances before their respective licensing boards.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Dental Malpractice
- Health Care
- Wrongful Death
- Professional Ethics
- Commercial Litigation
- Legal Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Personal Injury Defense
- Insurance Law
- Copyright and Trademark Infringement
- Medical and Dental Malpractice experience includes representing physicians, dentists, hospitals, assisted living facilities, and other health care institutions and providers of a broad array of specialties and concerning diverse subject matters in malpractice, wrongful death, and survival lawsuits.
- Professional Ethics experience includes protecting doctors, dentists, nurses, and lawyers in grievance proceedings before their respective licensing authorities.
- Legal Malpractice experience includes defending lawyers of various areas of practice who have been sued by former or putative clients.
- Premises Liability experience includes defending owners of hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and hotels sued by persons injured while on their premises.
- Copyright and Trademark experience includes litigation concerning music and sound recording, music piracy, cybersquatting and internet domain protection, advertising, unfair competition, and other brand integrity issues.
- University of Texas School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2004
- Boston College, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 2001
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2010 – 2017
- Gaitan v. Breckenridge – Rockwall County, Texas. Defense verdict for surgery center as first-chair in medical malpractice case involving allegations of wrong site surgery.
- Mensik v. Small – Harris County, Texas. Unanimous defense verdict as second-chair in medical malpractice case involving allegations of negligent anesthesia care during spinal surgery, proximately causing ventilator-dependent quadriplegia.
- Dorriety v. Mehta, M.D. – Harris County Texas. Defense verdict as second-chair in medical malpractice and wrongful death case involving allegations of negligent management of patient’s diabetes insipidus, proximately causing acute hyponatremia and irreversible metabolic brain injury.
- Holland v. Briner – Brazos County, Texas. Summary judgment in medical malpractice case involving allegations of failure to obtain informed consent pertaining to neck surgery, proximately causing vocal cord injury.
- Harris v. St. Joseph Regional Health Center – Brazos County, Texas. Voluntary nonsuit in medical malpractice case involving allegations of negligent administration of preservative containing anesthetic drugs into the patient’s epidural space, proximately causing myriad neurological dysfunction.
- Marquez v. Quarterman – United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Lufkin Division. Summary judgment and affirmation on appeal as lead counsel in deprivation of civil rights case involving allegations of deliberate indifference to prison inmate’s serious dental needs, thereby violating his Eighth Amendment right against cruel and unusual punishment.